11/10/12

| november joy dare | day ten

| challenged by the blog A Holy Experience to make the attitude of gratitude a habit! |

day ten: three gifts found in bible reading

1. Zechariah 9:12 - "Come home, hope-filled prisoners! This very day I’m declaring a double bonus-everything you lost returned twice-over!"

This is my absolute favourite verse. It reminds me that even when it seems everything is lost, , or that you have been forgotten by God- His plan is greater. It reminds me that when we think we have had it ALL, and lost it- God is waiting to bless you with more then what you originally had. This has applied to all aspects of my life - the spiritual, mental, material, etc. Elim always stands out when I read this verse, because I feel like God completely changed the life of my family when we moved here, two years ago. I love the leaders and people of this church, and they are being used to change my life every day. 

2. Micah 6:8 - "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God"

I heard this verse for the first time when I was 20. My husband used it in a sermon one night at my home church. I remember feeling like my eyes were opened when he read it. For so long I wondered what being a Christian really meant. How was I suppose to do everything that the bible told me to do? It seemed so complicated. This verse has kept it simple for me. I have not perfected any of this - obviously... but when I get off track, I always go back to it, and remember what is good. 

3. 2 Chronicles 16:9 - For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him."

Another verse I didn't hear until I was about 20, I didn't really listen much before then, ha! I remember Pastor Dave Kingston pacing across the platform, quoting this verse in his sermons. Another one of those "a-ha!" verses for me. I have always kept this running in my mind. I have found that as long as I keep myself blameless towards Him - living the best I can, in an act of surrender, He ALWAYS takes care of me. He always shows Himself strong, on my behalf. I always pray that God will find my heart in the crowd, that my heart will stand out, and that I will remain blameless in His sight.




No comments:

Post a Comment