6/6/10

Don't Throw Away YOUR Confidence.



This weekend I attended the Koinonia Women's Conference: Divine, and I had a great time. It was so nice to be around my wonderful friend Nicole, and to meet new people (sort of), as well as seeing church from another perspective. Which I liked. Next year, if you are a lady, and you like me, and you want to hang out with me and other cool people, let me know... you can come too (if you get your tickets early enough, that is.)

I was absolutely blown away by the excellence displayed... from the services, to the hospitality, and the willingness of the women to serve others. I am so blessed to have been a part of this weekend!

The theme of the conference was EXQUISITE HOPE and CONFIDENCE. One main highlight from the weekend was the scripture that the guest speaker, Jane Evans, preached on. It definately spoke to me and the scripture was something refreshing in my life, because I didn't even know existed in the Bible... gasp! Read it below:

"Remember those early days after you first saw the light? Those were the hard times! Kicked around in public, targets of every kind of abuse—some days it was you, other days your friends. If some friends went to prison, you stuck by them. If some enemies broke in and seized your goods, you let them go with a smile, knowing they couldn't touch your real treasure. Nothing they did bothered you, nothing set you back. So don't throw it all away now. You were sure of yourselves then. It's still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God's plan so you'll be there for the promised completion.

It won't be long now, he's on the way; he'll show up most any minute. But anyone who is right with me thrives on loyal trust; if he cuts and runs, I won't be very happy. But we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way." Hebrews 10:27-36 (MSG)

One portion that "hit home" for me was the portion of scripture that says "Don't throw away your confidence, which has a good reward." (Hebrews 10:35) Jane reminded us that you don't necessarily have to feel confident to be confident. Everyday it is a choice to get up and choose to be confident in any situation that you face. We will get shot down and put into situations that will make us retract and shy away... but you've gotta shake it off, and choose to continue on with confidence-because you still have a journey to complete, and there is still a void to be filled in the world that only you can fill.

If we are going to take a step of faith to be used by God... we are going to have to choose to be confident in the call He has given us. I needed to be reminded of this.

I have made a lot of mistakes, and I have acted out in hurt, insecurity, anger, and at times out of the desire to prove a point (usually only to myself)... but I still have a calling. God still has His purposes for me, and I am not going to throw them away just because I have been shot down, or failed before. God doesn't give up on us, and we shouldn't give up on ourselves.

Many times we wait for an emotional experience at church for a transformation, and a turning point... but in the calm, organized moments of this weekend I had revelation, and decided to CHOOSE to be confident in the journey that God has specifically planned for me! From work, to relationships, and ministry... I am choosing to take steps of faith, and follow the desires of my heart! If I "fail" (relative term), that's O.K... because maybe, just maybe, next time I will succeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment