5/29/11

Satisfied.

We are coming up to a year when I wrote THIS blog.

I remember the way that I felt over those times, and how I was full of faith and expectation for the Lord to show himself strong in my life--- all the while feeling lost and discouraged in my present situation.

When we moved to Saskatoon, it was one of the highlights of my life. Yah, that's right... LIFE! What can I say, I love it here. And the truth is that although it took what felt like forever for our house to sell, and for me to begin my career, it was worth the wait.

For months living in Belleville I remember feeling alone, and as if nobody cared that we were stuck in limbo, waiting and praying for God to move. Life was still moving for everyone that I was surrounded by, and I felt forgotten by God. All I can say is that since being in Saskatoon, the journey became easier, and although at times my faith was tested, I thank God that he surrounded us with people who were always there. People who gave us a place to stay, and never asking for anything in return. People to pray for us, and encourage us when we were down. People to remind us that all things work together for good.

I am not one of the most patient people in the world. I like answers. I like security. I like to know what is going to happen, and God has pushed me further then I ever thought was possible. However, in this last year I have learned that when God is saying "wait" it is better to just wait. I don't have to figure it all out, I just need to be still and know that HE is God.

A few weeks ago, everything just sort of "worked itself out". Our house sold, I was offered full time hours at an office that I just love so much, and we are in the works of buying a new place in the next few months.

“The eyes of all wait for You [looking, watching, and expecting] and You give them their food in due season; You open Your hand and satisfy every living thing with favor.” Psalms 145:15-16

I have heard it over and over, but I am learning that:

*God sees the beginning from the end.

*He has a better plan then anything I could dream on my own.

*He satisfies the one who waits on Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment