11/6/12

| november joy dare | day six


{challenged by the blog A Holy Experience to make the attitude of gratitude a habit!} 

day six: three gifts government

1. election day: I am thankful that today is the American election day, because my Twitter feed is getting clogged up with election tweets! I just want them to vote, and go back to complaining about the candidate that they voted for! ;)

2. maternity leave: I am so thankful that I live in a country that has great maternity leave benefits for women, and men. We are one of the top country's in the world when it comes to mat leave, I am thankful that I get to hang out with my son through his first year of life! (He is smiling like crazy at Taylor Swift singing on tv - he LOVES her)

3. health care: I just had a baby, it didn't cost me anything out of pocket. I am thankful.



Just a little info graphic from Think Progress about mat leave, while we are at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment