10/28/12

| a week of wisdom |


lessons learned
the horizon is constantly moving - and what I think is going to make me ultimately happy is a temporary desire. the journey is the destination, and joy starts when we live one moment at a time. 

writing down and acknowledging the things you are thankful for opens a whole new level of joy in your life. 

a plan goes a long way. not a structured routine, or schedule - but goals and laying out what i hope to accomplish in 7 days is really allowing me to live a life of purpose & fulfillment. 

word
"happy are the people who's God is Lord" psalms 144:15

i am following along in an online study of Philippians with #SheReadsTruth. this week we completed chapters 1 & 2. the verse that stood out to me was 1:18

"for you have been granted the privilege for Christ's sake not only to believe in (adhere to, rely on, and trust in) Him, but also to suffer in His behalf."

interesting to read that not only do we have the privilege of putting all of our cares on him, because we trust him with our lives, but that we are also to consider it a privilege (a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most) to suffer on His behalf.
{count it ALL joy.}

quotes
"often what I think is my frustration with somebody else, is actually an indication of a deeper frustration that I have with myself…" - Steven Furtick  

"frustration is the gap between what I expect and what I experience." - Steven Furtick
excited to see what this new week has in store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment