8/17/10

Just A Little Further...

I’ve been running. It has only been two days, but I’m lovin’ it! (Ok, so when I say running, I mean jogging and walking in intervals… but I am getting there.)

The whole time I was doing my run tonight I kept telling myself that I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t go any further. I was too weak to go on. I had enough. And every time the thought went through my mind to stop… I just kept going anyways, and I made it to the finish line. My legs felt like cinderblocks, my heart was beating out of my chest, and my throat was on fire… but I did it. The feeling of success, and completion was stronger then any pain that had brought me to that point.

This may sound like an obvious correlation, but my experience remind me of our everyday lives. So many times I tell God that I am done, I can’t go on any further, I have had enough, and I am exhausted… and He gives me the strength to get through another day. He gives me a “wink” here, a push there, a little encouragement and I know that I am going to make it. I can do it another day. I am stronger and able to handle way more then I think I am… and I can do it because He has given me the grace to go through it.

Whether it is within your family dynamics, your job, your ministry, or just internally, I want you to know that you can make it another day. God reminds us in His Word that “My grace is enough for you; My strength and power are made perfect and show themselves most effective in your weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9. This has been so encouraging for me, because I know that no matter how “bad” it gets, how tough life may seem, or how frustrated I become, God is still there. He is all I need, and clearly, my weakest moments are when He can show Himself strong and powerful in my life.

We all know that after a while, the more and more we run, the stronger we get. We can endure the course longer, we can push ourselves further, and we know that we will survive if we have to go a little further--- because we have done it before. Eventually, the fat trims down, the muscle builds, we are able to breathe a little easier, and we are healthier then when we first began.

When you are on the edge, and feel like giving up, remember the end result. Sooner or later, your circumstance will come to a finish, and God’s grace is enough… He will show Himself strong and powerful in your weakness. You will be stronger, wiser, and amazed at how far you have come. Your spiritual self will become RIPPED and when times of trouble, frustration, exhaustion, weakness, etc. come along, you will know it’s nothing that you can’t handle, because you have been there before, and God showed Himself strong, and He will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment