7/6/10

Pity Party.

Ok, so I have fallen off the wagon. I have been attending a pity party (solo, I might add) for the last few weeks. (If you are more of a visual person, picture Elaine Benes busting out her dance moves, while her friends look on in horror... and she is loving it!) That's been me.


I’ve been in a funk... Not depressed. Just an “ick” moment in time.

Irritated. Moody. Temperamental. Agitated.

Anyone know what I am talking about? OK, maybe it’s just me who falls into these ruts.

Anyways, after a good cry, and long argument with God, (oh yah, we had it OUT!) I have bounced back! This more then likely won’t be the last time (it's certainly not the first time), but for now I am on the road to recovery!

Positivity. Peace. Joy. Excitement. Praise. Passion. I have felt all of these in the last couple of days. And I am thankful.

I have decided that it is time to get some things back in line, and stop ignoring God (again). I've had to remind myself that just because I don’t see the beginning from the end, He is still moving. He is still working. He is still there.

Read this:

Exodus 33:18-23

Moses said, "Please. Let me see your Glory." God said, "I will make my Goodness pass right in front of you; I'll call out the name, God, right before you. I'll treat well whomever I want to treat well and I'll be kind to whomever I want to be kind." God continued, "But you may not see my face. No one can see me and live." God said, "Look, here is a place right beside me. Put yourself on this rock. When my Glory passes by, I'll put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with my hand until I've passed by. Then I'll take my hand away and you'll see my back. But you won't see my face.

I ask God over and over to reveal Himself, to show me what He is doing, to just give me all of the answers right NOW! After asking Him for millionth time, I came across Exodus 33:18-23.

Sometimes in the waiting, we think God isn’t there.

That He has forgotten us.

We aren’t important enough.

Our call isn’t great enough.

That He doesn’t love us.

The truth is that He is hiding us in the cleft of a rock, and we don’t even know He is there, until after He has passed by. In a moment we look up and see His back, as He is moving on... leaving us speechless, but knowing: “That was God!”

In my present situation, I have no doubt that I am just waiting in the cleft of a rock, and His hand is upon me. Sooner or later, I am going to see a little flicker of light, only to look up and see His back, strutting a long, like it ain’t no thang!

There I'll be, wide eyed, mouth dropped, shocked that He was there the whole time. He will keep strutting, and whisper over his shoulder, “I told you so…”




No comments:

Post a Comment